Risk Management in Maritime Industry
Maritime is a risky business – and that’s something that makes it so interesting and attracts many people to the sector.
With shipping markets being notoriously volatile, dependent on cyclical variations and buffeted by the inconsistencies of global trade and financial uncertainty, there’s plenty of room to make money and lose money. The shipping sector is a uniquely challenging commercial environment for everyone involved in maritime business, and this course thoroughly explores the commercial risks and how we can manage and reduce these.applying different methods, etc.).
- Introducing risks in the Maritime context
- Shipping markets and risk management principles
- risks arising from charter parties, operations and claims issues
- Commercial risk, Financial risk and credit risk management
- Freight derivatives and hedging: Forwards, futures, options and swaps
- Commercial risks relating to environmental and safety Management issues
- Marine insurance and commercial risk management