RESCUE AT HEIGHTS
Work at Height is the main cause of workplace fatalities so it is important that all employers and duty holders ensure that the work is planned, supervised and carried out safely. An essential part of the planning process must also include arrangements for emergencies and rescue in the event of a fall. Rescue is the responsibility of the employer/building owner and NOT the emergency services.
- Identify the emergencies that could affect your site
- Chain of command.
- Procedures for responding to the emergencies.
- Critical resources and rescue equipment.
- Worker suspended in a full-body harness after a fall.
- Worker on a scaffold who contacts an overhead power line.