Use of Oxygen
Duration: 2 Hours
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 18+ who may be required to give oxygen to a casualty.
It covers adult first aid information.
Course content includes:
- recap of basic life support skills
- cause of hypoxia
- importance of oxygen
- equipment used in the delivery of oxygen to a casualty
- use of the equipment
- when and how to use oxygen
- contraindications to the use of oxygen
- review of procedures in the event of an incident
- records and reporting.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a special hazards oxygen certificate which is valid for one year.
Candidates must hold a current first aid at work certificate.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.