Small Business Health and Safety Certificate Program
This comprehensive program provides managers, supervisors and workplace health and safety champions with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada. Participants will learn about their rights under health and safety legislation, how to meet their regulatory compliance responsibilities, and how to foster a health and safety culture by systematically addressing common health and safety concerns in their workplaces.
The program includes 21 hours of online training in 11 courses, each with an exam. All course exams must be passed to achieve an overall certificate of completion for the program. Once all exams are passed, you can access your Small Business Health and Safety Certificate by clicking on the 'SBHS Certificate' link.
- Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors
- Workplace Inspections
- Worksite Analysis and Hazard Prevention and Control.
- Safety and Health Training and Education.
- Accident Investigation
- Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program
- Violence in the Workplace: Establish a Prevention Program
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control
- Health and Safety Committees
- WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors
- Office Ergonomics
- Manual Materials Handling
- MusculoSkeletal Disorders (MSDs): Prevention
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
The e-Courses are delivered as on-line courses. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! They are designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience. The publications are in print format and will be shipped to the location of your choice.