Engine Room Resource Management
Duration: 5 Days
The purpose of this course is to reduce the risk of accidents at sea. We focus on casualty prevention and human error, but also on increasing operational uptime and daily efficiency on DP units in an offshore environment.
The course is aimed at, but not limited to, technical officers from DP drilling and offshore units.
On completion of this course the participant will be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of resource management, leadership and teamwork to fulfil the requirements of STCW 2010.
- Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management, including human error, cross cultural awareness, situational awareness, complacency and teamwork
- Ability to apply task and workload management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective resource management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply decision making techniques
- Knowledge of international maritime conventions, recommendations and national legislations
- Knowledge of Emergency management and Crisis Leadership
- Ability to observe teammates and provide proper feedback, and use feedback as a performance enhancement tool