Introduction to Moving and Handling
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ and provides an introduction to moving and handling techniques for the avoidance of and moving of objects.
Course content includes:
- moving and handling – why bother?
- understanding your back, anatomy and physiology
- fit to move: an introduction to ergonomics and the biomechanics of movement
- moving and handling and the law: your duty of care
- assessment of risk: a basic guide.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an introduction to moving and handling certificate.
Learners will be required to complete a questionnaire at the beginning of the session.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.