First Aid for sports
Duration: 1 Days
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who are involved in sporting activities and may need to give basic first aid.
This course does not qualify the learner to act as a first aider for the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The skills covered can be used in the workplace to supplement your first aid provision.
Course content includes:
This course will give learners the first aid skills to help a child or adult who:
- is unresponsive and breathing
- is unresponsive and not breathing
- is choking
- is bleeding
- has a burn
- has a bone, muscle or joint injury (including spinal injuries)
- is having a seizure
- has cramp or an Achilles tendon injury.
The course also covers basic information on accident reporting.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an emergency first aid for sports certificate which is valid for three years.
Our courses offer a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.