First Aid for baby and child
Duration: 4 Hours
Who is it for?
Nobody likes to think of their child being in an emergency situation, but learning first aid will give you the confidence to be able to help should you need to.
This one day course has been designed with parents in mind, to guide you through exactly what you need to know.
It covers a range of childhood emergency situations; from choking and unresponsiveness to fever and meningitis.
It's perfect for:
- parents of children of all ages (from birth to puberty)
- expectant parents, as part of preparing for parenthood
- family members
Please note that this is not a certificated course. If you care for a child professionally, you will need to take our pediatric first aid course.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience we limit attendance of the course to adults only (aged 16 and over).
Unfortunately babies and children cannot attend this course.
Course content includes:
You'll receive practical, hands-on learning. Our friendly trainers will help you learn some key skills you really need to know:
- dealing with an emergency
- unresponsive breathing
- unresponsive not breathing
- fever and febrile seizures
- head injury
- severe allergic reaction
- swallowed something harmful
- bleeding heavily
- asthma attack
- broken bones, strains and sprains.
You'll receive a free first aid workbook full of helpful advice; this can be taken home and used to check and refresh your knowledge.
The workbook includes your certificate of learning, which you can fill in yourself. Please note that this does not meet workplace requirements
You don’t need any first aid knowledge prior to the course.
We recommend that you:
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as the course involves practical activities and we want you to feel comfortable
- bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets nearby.