First Aid for Appointed Person
Duration: 1/2 Day
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+, and is designed for organisations who:
- work in low hazard environments, and/or
- have a small number of staff and/or
- have completed a risk assessment which indicates that a first aider is not necessary.
If you have staff members with an existing medical condition (and these are detailed in your risk assessment), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) / Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI) recommends that you consider completing the three day first aid at work course; it teaches the skills to recognise and treat a wider range of injuries and medical conditions, which are not covered in the first aid for appointed persons or emergency first aid at work courses.
Training to qualify as a first aider is available on the first aid at work or emergency first aid at work courses.
Course content includes:
This course covers:
- how to deal with an emergency
- accident reporting
- the skills to help someone who is:
- unresponsive and breathing
- unresponsive and not breathing
- having a seizure.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a first aid for appointed persons certificate which is valid for three years
We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
Our courses offer a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.