First Aid for adults
Duration: 4 Hours
Who is it for?
This one day course is for anyone aged 16+ who wants to learn first aid for adults.
It covers a range of life-saving skills such as unresponsiveness, heart attack, choking and seizures.
The course attracts people looking to learn first aid for many different reasons, such as:
- wanting to be able to help their family, friends or neighbours
- preparing for university or working abroad during a gap year
- being involved with local community groups or taking part in sports
- having experienced a real life emergency.
Course content includes:
You'll receive practical, hands-on learning. Our friendly trainers will help you learn some key skills you really need to know:
- dealing with an emergency
- unresponsive – breathing
- unresponsive – not breathing
- bleeding heavily
- broken bones, strains and sprains
- head injury
- heart attack
- severe allergic reaction
- diabetic emergency.
You'll receive a free first aid workbook full of helpful advice; this can be taken home and used to check and refresh your knowledge.
The workbook includes your certificate of learning, which you can fill in yourself.
You don’t need any first aid knowledge prior to the course.
We recommend that you:
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as the course involves practical activities and we want you to feel comfortable
- bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets nearby.