Fire Prevention & Fighting Onboard Ships
On completion of the training, the trainees will have knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires on ships.
Course participants will become competent when discovering a fire on-board and be able to take immediate action and respond to emergencies on board a vessel.
This course is run in accordance with STCW '95 code A-VI/1-2.
The course aims to give all persons intending to go to sea a basic induction and knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires on board ships.
- Breathing apparatus.
- Emergency actions.
- Emergency procedures.
- First aid fire fighting equipment.
- Fixed detection/protection systems.
- Legal requirements.
- Practical fire fighting techniques.
- Search/rescue techniques.
- Response to emergency situations involving fire.
- The use of breathing apparatus.
- Fire fighting and fire extinguishing using portable equipment.Act as a member of a fire fighting party.