Fire Marshal Training
Duration: 1/2 Days
Who is it for?
This course is accredited by the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) and is for people who want to learn about basic fire awareness for their role as a fire marshal in the workplace.
It helps learners to understand how a fire may start and spread, and how to assess and manage these risks in their workplace.
Course content includes:
- combustion principles
- how fire and toxic fumes spread
- introduction to fire legislation
- fire risk assessmen
- emergency plan
- fire action:
- fire exit and fire safety signage
- role of a fire marshal in the event of a fire alarm
- moving through smoke-filled areas
- safely conducting an area/floor check
- assembly points and roll calls.
- use of fire-fighting equipment:
- fire extinguishers*
- fire blanket.
* Role play including the use of a dummy fire extinguisher to allow learners to practise in the classroom environment.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a fire marshal training certificate which is valid for three years.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.