Crew Management & Supply
for anyone involved within shipping personnel management. From crewing recruitment and placement agents to onboard and ashore managers, (Fleet Personnel Manager - Crew Manager - Operations Manager - Fleet Personnel Officer and HR Manager)
Crew management for ships incorporates a variety of activities handled by crew management companies and their manning agencies.
The crew management company is responsible for the manning of vessels under a crew management contract. This includes the sourcing, recruitment, selection, deployment, scheduling, training/upgrading programs, and on-going management of seafarers engaged on vessels under crew management contracts.
focuses on the principal maritime labor markets, and sets the standard for professionalism in crew management.
- Identify the role and organization of the crew management sector within the context of the shipping industry
- Explain the regulatory, legal and insurance environment applying to the crewing sector
- Explore effective management skills for crew management including recruitment and selection principles
- Discuss the day to day management requirement for effective crew management and crew agency
- Describe effective health, safety and security management for crew and welfare requirements and expectations for supportive and quality crew management
- Explain the benefits and approach for crew retention
- Explain key commercial and financial management principles for crew managementCreate and present professional written business reports