Business Risk in shipping Industry
- Commercial directors, managers & analysts wishing to develop their professional effectiveness
- Charterers, traders & shipbrokers needing to deepen their understanding of commercial issues
- Vessel & cargo operations managers plus wider shipping company personnel
- Investors, financial & asset managers seeking to improve their maritime commercial awareness
- Lawyers, insurers, solicitors & other legal professionals working in contract & risk management
- Freight & cargo executives requiring a broader perspective on shipping risk & financial markets
Shipping is a risky business – and that’s something that makes it so interesting and attracts many people to the sector.
With shipping markets being notoriously volatile, dependent on cyclical variations and buffeted by the inconsistencies of global trade and financial uncertainty, there’s plenty of room to make money and lose money. The shipping sector is a uniquely challenging commercial environment for everyone involved in maritime business, and this course thoroughly explores the commercial risks and how we can manage and reduce these.
- Introducing commercial risk in the shipping context: Shipping markets and risk management principles
- Commercial risks arising from charterparties, operations and claims issues
- Financial risk management and credit risk
- Freight derivatives and hedging: Forwards, futures, options and swaps
- Commercial risks relating to environmental and safety
- Management issues
- Marine insurance and commercial risk management