Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
Duration: 2 Hours
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who have a current first aid certificate and want to learn how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) machine.
We also offer an AED with life support course for people who don't have a current first aid certificate.
Course content includes:
- recap of personal safety
- assessing the incident and patient
- DRABC check and sending for help
- defibrillation (recognition of heart rhythms)
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of AED on a casualty
- general guidelines for using a defibrillator
- recording of information (sample report form)
- handover to the emergency services.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an AED certificate which is valid for three years
Candidates must hold a valid first aid certificate and be competent in CPR skills.
Our courses offer a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.