AED with life support
Duration: 1/2 Day
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who don't have a current first aid certificate but want to learn how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) machine.
It covers first aid for unresponsive adult casualties, including the use of an AED machine.
We also offer an automated external defibrillators course for those who do have a current first aid certificate.
Course content includes:
This course covers:
- helping someone who is unresponsive and breathing
- helping someone who is unresponsive and not breathing
- how to use an automated external defibrillator:
- the heart
- heart conditions
- heart rhythms
- chain of survival
- use of an AED
- safety considerations.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an AED with life support certificate which is valid for three years
Our courses offer a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.